Shonté Javon Taylor: This Is Your Brain on Burnout (Taught By A Neuroscientist)
Updated: Oct 1, 2022
Episode summary: In this episode, guest Shonte Javon Taylor who is a neuroscientist with a mission of empowering 100 million minds shares her story of finding herself in a parking lot, after hitting a pole, hearing her children cry in her backseat and hearing her inner voice say, “You have got to do something different”. By using her understanding of the mind and how it best works, Shonte has dedicated her life to inspiring Leaders and Coaches to tap into this same knowledge to make their lives and businesses better and their students and clients happier.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Mountain of Pride Exercise [4:34]
- Crashing, literally [9:05]
- Being in your best mental health for you, and the world [10:39]
- What can we do individually to keep our fear brain safe [15:00]
- The modern brain vs. the ancient brain [20:10]
- The amygdala [26:00]
- For our brains to keep growing [30:45]
- Trauma, hypersensitive brains, and chronic stress [37:30]
- Brain Janitors [46:20]
Resources mentioned in this episode:
If you know that it’s time to actually DO something about the burnout cycle you’ve been in for too long - book your free consult today: bit.ly/callcait My fave CBD is Incan and as a FRIED listener, you get 20% off!* Check out their Bio Soothe CBD Salve - it’s my fave for sore muscles and neck tension! https://incann.com/?rfsn=4769407.157ae6&utm_source=refersion&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=4769407.157ae6
*Use the code FRIED for 20% off! When you do that, I get a small percentage of the sale. All proceeds are used to keep FRIED up and running!